Monday, November 24, 2008

giving and reciving

I try to give to people gifts sometimes when I have the money. but mostly I give of my time or my help. Sometimes it get's to be too much to give and I get exhausted. I admit resentments build up when I feel like I'm doing is not being appreciated. Sometimes I give and give and then all people can do is complain that I'm not doing something the right way according to them. That frustrates me especially when I'm genuinely trying to help. I need to give to myself as well not just constantly give to others.

Receiving is hard for me to do. I remember when my fiance proposed to me and I felt guilty about taking the ring. I did eventually of course. I feel guilty when it's the holidays and people want to give me gifts. When people do nice things for me I always wonder why they are being so nice to me.

I'm working on giving without resentment and receiving without questioning.

No comments: