Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Resentments

I have had a lot of resentment towards my aunt over the years. Mostly because of her verbal and emotional abuses towards me. It also frustrates me because I work for her and she always tells me what I should do work and non work related. But, today I decided to detach from her. I did was she asked me to do work related happily. I did not complain mentally or out load. When I started to get frustrated I said the serenity prayer. I calmed down and actually tried to meditate on the work I was doing and be in the moment and not let anger or worry take over. It worked. Then later when she changed my days and I had plans I'm still not sure what to do but I decided I would just do the best that I could and not let her changing my schedule effect today. I will just see what happens when the day arrives on what I choose to do or not to do. I went out to dinner with my aunt and she wanted me to get something else but I wanted the burger she was trying to make me feel bad in my opinion so I would get something else but I got the burger anyway. It ended up being a nice meal. I also have resentment towards Abby who tried to break up me and my fiance a year ago. I feel like I am slowly letting that go. I feel like I've forgiven her. I can say her name and type it without cringing lol. I know that if I ran into her on the street I would not be afraid of her I would just smile and leave it at that. I don't have resentment towards my fiance. I know that alcoholism is a disease. That is not an excuse but it's like cancer it might be in remissen but it's never completely gone. He will always be an A. I love him and he loves me we are both human I choose to stay with him and he has chosen to stay with me even though I am not perfect. I haven't always been the kindest person to him I treated him harshly and judged him because of his addictions I made him feel guilty when he already felt guilty. It just turned me into a mean person but he loved me anyway. So if he can accept me for who I am then I can and have accepted him for who he is. Thanks for letting me share.

No comments: